Very good recipe for vegetarian stuffed tomatoes!
Easy and quick to cook, the stuffed tomato without minced meat is by far my favorite vegetarian recipe of the summer.
This is a perfect side dish for a light 100% vegetarian dinner, which I love! So I bought some large, firm tomatoes to stuff at my local grocery store. I also took some peppers and zucchinis to make a good stuffing for stuffed tomatoes.
Last year, I proposed the real stuffed tomatoes with sausage meat and rice. Today, the proposed version is based on a mixture of cereals and pulses, source of fiber and rich in proteins. I was inspired by the Marmiton recipe to make this vegetarian dish. Moreover, we can say that these tomatoes were really good, it is really light and simple. To be decorated according to your tastes of course.
What to do with leftover tomato stuffing? I often make a lot of tomato stuffing and I often have some left over that I freeze for the next time I cook it! I use it most of the time in a pasta gratin, it is a real treat.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 large tomatoes
- 170gr of mixed cereals and pulses
- one small bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 shallot
- olive oil, salt and pepper
Recipe for vegetarian stuffed tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180° C
- Wash the tomatoes. Cut a hat and empty them (be careful not to overcook them)
- Peel the zucchinis and cut them into small cubes.
- Cut the bell pepper very finely
- Finely chop the garlic, shallot and parsley
- Pour the cereal mixture into a large volume of boiling water. Let cook for 10 minutes. Drain and season.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and fry the onions and garlic.
- Add the zucchini, the bell pepper and the tomato flesh.
- Let cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add the parsley and the cereal mixture.
- Stuff the tomatoes and replace the caps.
- Place them in a dish, sprinkle with oil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 180°C.
If you like this article don’t forget to share wiht your friends , sharing is caring!